“Are there actually no different actresses in Korea?”
Korean actress Park Si Yeon is about to look in an upcoming film known as Abyss as a taxi driver.
The final time Park Si Yeon was on display was in 2020, when she acted within the drama When My Love Blooms and made a particular look in Postpartum Care Heart. When the information introduced that she would lastly return to the massive display after three years, the casting selection disturbed the general public.
Two years in the past, Park Si Yeon crashed right into a automotive that was stopped at a site visitors mild in the midst of the day. It was then found that her blood alcohol focus was measured to be 0.097%, which is sufficient to confiscate her driving license and be fined ₩12 million KRW (about $10,696.19 USD).
Park Si Yeon’s company launched a press release that she didn’t drink on the day of the automotive crash however drank the night time earlier than and assumed she was sober by morning when she determined to drive.
Regardless of her protection and two years of self-reflection, her new position in Abyss didn’t sit proper with the general public. They didn’t perceive why out of all of the actors in Korea, somebody with a historical past of drunk driving is enjoying the position of a taxi driver.
It didn’t assist that Park Si Yeon’s fame was already tainted in 2013 when she was discovered responsible of propofol use.
Netizens responded to her new position within the movie with feedback saying issues like, “A taxi driver position when she drove underneath the affect?” and “Are there actually no different actresses in Korea?”
- “Is she a phoenix or what?”
- “Why is she popping out? She has so many controversies — who’s utilizing her?”
- “From drunk driving to medication — why is it really easy for her to return from her time of self-reflection? It’s really easy when she’s an ex-con”
- “The leisure business, particularly the movie business, is so f*cking harmful. How can they maintain casting somebody like this? I don’t perceive…”
- “There are such a lot of proficient and undiscovered actors; ought to’ve given them an opportunity”
- “She didn’t even relaxation that a lot…?”
- “From propofol to drunk driving…”
- “She wanted self-reflection for drunk driving however she HAD to play the position of a driver… I’ve seen instances the place actors with controversy for having affairs act in dramas about affairs — is that this on function?”
- “I suppose you possibly can nonetheless act whenever you’ve executed propofol and drove underneath the affect.”
The criticisms continued as her drunk driving incident in 2021 was not the primary time Park Si Yeon was controversial—she had a previous drunk driving accident in 2006.
Abyss is a movie that depicts the determined battle for survival when one has fallen into an “abyss.” The story is about Lee Tae Sik, a former member of the counterterrorism unit who labored as a undercover agent, on a determined search to seek out his spouse, who went lacking on their first marriage ceremony anniversary. Park Si Yeon will play the position of Han In Sook, a mysterious Korean-Chinese language taxi driver who crosses paths with Lee Tae Sik when he rides her cab whereas on the seek for his spouse in China.