A “thirst remark” was deemed problematic.
Celebrating the premiere of the Ok-Drama Taxi Driver 2, male lead Lee Je Hoon guested on SBS’s afternoon radio program Cultwo Present.
Throughout this system, in response to the radio present hosts marveling over his ripped construct, Lee Je Hoon defined he survived on a strict food regimen of beef and rooster breast protein to place the muscular look collectively.
Whereas discussing his intense exercise, although, comic Lee Kyung Sil (also referred to as Lee Kyeong Shil) made a “thirsty” remark which, later, grew to become deemed problematic amongst Lee Je Hoon and Ok-Drama followers.
In an try and reward Lee Je Hoon’s beautiful determine, the comic claimed that one may “drip water down his chest” and the way that will be “holy water.”
You could possibly drip water down his chest. Drink that holy water. It’s an entire new water filtration system.
— Lee Kyung Sil
Most Ok-Drama followers accused the comic of “sexual harassment,” declaring that her humorousness is “outdated” and “not thought of humorous in 2023.”
- “Some ahjummas are like that. They assume that is humorous… However individuals round them ought to allow them to realize it’s not thought of humorous in 2023. Think about if a male comic stated this to a feminine actress.”
- “Ma’am… The occasions have modified. You shouldn’t be going round saying issues like that.”
- “Ugh, what the f*ck? We stay in a distinct form of world now. That is disgusting habits.”
- “Jokes like that used to work again within the days when she was on ‘Three Wheels.’ Now, it’s thought of sexual harassment.”
Some made room to be extra understanding of the comic, claiming, “Lee Kyung Sil hasn’t been round for some time” and thus she “won’t perceive how the occasions have modified.”
- “Lee Kyung Sil hasn’t been round for some time, so she should not understand how the trade works now. A decade in the past, individuals would have discovered her remark humorous. Not a lot the case anymore, although.”
- “Out of her thoughts, actually.”
- “I used to be listening to this program earlier and this upset me for positive. What’s her downside?”
- “It’s not sexual harassment to reward somebody’s hard-earned physique. However to speak about it like ‘dripping water down his chest’ and whatnot… That’s straight-up disgusting.”
Regardless, a whole bunch of Ok-Drama followers agreed that Lee Kyung Sil’s remark was offensive to Lee Je Hoon and his followers.
- “Had the identical remark been made to a feminine celeb, it could have damaged the web. Lee Kyung Sil should be shedding her contact. That is so wild, I needed to do a double take.”
- “It’s ridiculous that she considered ‘dripping water down his chest.’ It’s much more ridiculous that she determined to talk on it. It’s not just like the ‘Cultwo Present’ is an grownup radio program. It’s a day one with anybody and everybody listening.”
- “Critically, although. Had this been between a male comic and a feminine celeb, the backlash would have been a lot worse. The comic would have gotten canceled for good. That is sexual harassment.”
- “Think about had a feminine visitor been handled the identical…? I hate this. I don’t even perceive how she thinks that could possibly be a praise in any respect.”
- “That is NASTY, I’m going to vomit. Ahjumma, apologize.”
The comic has not responded to the criticism rising on-line.
Watch Taxi Driver 2 highlights right here.