It’s a method that has been round since 1999.
From Produce 101 to the most recent Bodily: 100, South Korean TV reveals are peak leisure for viewers in Korea and around the globe. There’s little doubt about it!
However as extra reveals get aired abroad, viewers are realizing that Ok-Selection has one undeniably obnoxious trait: The Replay.
When a web based publish opened the dialogue over a bunch of tweets from worldwide viewers complaining about Bodily: 100 episodes overdoing the “replay impact”…
…Korean viewers couldn’t agree extra!
- “That is true.”
- “F*cking obnoxious. The most recent trot reveals do that lots, too.”
- “LMAO. I bear in mind again after I used to observe the Produce sequence. At any time when I wished to give attention to a efficiency, the modifying would slap me with the scene repeats with viewers reactions. It will piss me off a lot.”
- “At the least it’s higher than having business breaks… Haha.”
- “I hate when even Ok-Dramas do that with their romantic scenes, with the slo-mo and all.”
- “So outdated.”
- “After I was watching a Korean present and it was having considered one of its repeat moments, my American brother-in-law got here operating over to ask what’s incorrect [with the TV]. He went, ‘Oh, hell no.’ Haha.”
- “Truthfully? Bodily: 100 isn’t even that unhealthy.”
- “I fricking hate this. HAHA. It retains going and going and going.”
- “I additionally observed how Bodily: 100 was getting warmth for the repeated scenes. I believe, if the producers are occupied with a second season, that the modifying may use even much less replays. Individuals don’t prefer it anymore.”
- “I hate it a lot. I haven’t watched Korean reveals shortly due to this.”
- “I don’t get it. The viewers not need such edits. So how come the producers hold utilizing the approach?”
- “I watch Boys Planet lately. It’s not solely the repeated scenes… It’s additionally how solely a handful of contestant faces are always proven. It by no means reveals sufficient singing or dancing. 5 seconds and that’s it. I can’t stand it.”
- “Koreans hate it, too… Please make it cease by some means.”
- “It started with Dream Crew. We have now a protracted observe file… One of many causes I don’t watch [Korean TV] anymore.”
Is it new to tv modifying, although?
No. A tweet identified that Korean tv has “suffered” the dramatic scene repeats for many years. Again when Let’s Go! Dream Crew aired from 1999 to 2016, the producers used to go ham on this modifying approach.
편집이 죄다이럼..정신병걸릴것가틈 pic.twitter.com/OU4c5Oyy4j
— 개병규 (@kyubalnom) February 10, 2023
Let’s Go! Dream Crew is the epitome of this. All the episodes are edited like this… It nearly drives me insane.
Future tv packages, like I Am A Singer, adopted swimsuit.
외국인들 한국예능의 과도한 리플레이 욕하는거 볼때마다 이 영상 꼭 보여주고 싶음 pic.twitter.com/8BD8mWlKXE
— 피지컬0 (@whereisgunny) February 10, 2023
At any time when worldwide viewers complain about Korean selection reveals’ extreme replay, I really feel the necessity to share this clip.
Viewers additionally commented that a number of the most infamous “abusers” of the cruel replaying are the K-Pop idol audition packages. From the OG Famous person Ok to the latest Boys Planet, these survival reveals are full of continuous repeats.
— 부우킴 (@skrrr_kim) February 11, 2023
One remark, although, claiming to be coming from a producer defended the manufacturing selection and defined how some scenes have to be repeated a number of instances.
I’m an energetic producer within the discipline. I perceive how the viewers really feel about repeated scenes, however these exist for a motive. For one, it’s for recognition. Viewers watching the content material are watching it for the primary time. So if the audio and video hold rolling previous the details, some are sure to fail to acknowledge them. You would possibly really feel like all of the scenes are digestible within the first look, however we’re speaking concerning the viewers at giant. Particularly in content material that’s geared towards all ages, the manufacturing staff should decelerate and repeat sure scenes a few instances to make it possible for the viewers acknowledge them as supposed. After we velocity by means of the content material, we lose viewership from older audiences…
…Extreme repeats are falling out of development, that’s for certain. The sphere is conscious that it as soon as peaked and it’s not as efficient. Manufacturing groups do chorus from overdoing it. We’re working towards developing with higher, extra subtle strategies and methods to switch it altogether…
…It may appear uncommon to non-Korean audiences, for the reason that approach isn’t frequented exterior Korea. However replays which can be cleverly put collectively can provide a scene good rhythm, assist the viewers with comprehension, and even add humor to the episode.
— Korean Remark
Try this section from Bodily: 100 Episode 5, that includes some replays.