SM Leisure (hereafter SM) has launched a brand new YouTube video detailing their IP (mental property) monetization technique for SM 3.0.
On February 21, SM launched a follow-up YouTube video titled “SM 3.0: IP Monetization Technique,” which is a part of their second technique to implement SM 3.0.
SM Leisure CFO (Chief Monetary Officer) Jang Cheol Hyuk explains, “SM’s IP monetization mannequin largely consists of ‘Main IP enterprise’ and ‘Spinoff IP enterprise.’ Main IP enterprise refers back to the basis of the leisure enterprise akin to digital music, bodily albums, live shows, and artist administration. Spinoff IP enterprise refers to enterprise that present further revenue supply from the result of the Main IP, specifically, MD (merchandise), IP licensing, fan platform, and video content material enterprise.”
He continues, “SM’s progress has been centered on the Main IP enterprise so far. The unparalleled id of the market chief and the competitiveness in the principle enterprise has served as a driving power behind the 30 p.c progress charge every year regardless of the fast change that befell out there through the previous three years in addition to the structural limitations inside the firm. We plan to take one other leap ahead within the age of SM 3.0 primarily based on such distinctive driving power.”
CFO Jang Cheol Hyuk states, “The gross sales goal for 2025 beneath SM 3.0 is 1.2 trillion gained (roughly $926 million), with 35 p.c operation revenue. These targets can be reached by resolving the problems from SM 2.0 and the IP monetization technique.”
They checklist the next targets:
- Quick enchancment in working revenue by overcoming the structural limitations of SM 2.0.
- Improve of income/operation revenue by Multi-Manufacturing Middle—the gross sales for Main IP is projected to have an annual progress charge of 26 p.c.
- Enlargement of high-profitability Spinoff IP and strengthening of distribution functionality—the MD/IP gross sales from Spinoff IP enterprise can be elevated to 300 billion gained (roughly $231 million) by 2025.
- “Fan platform” integration/internalization
- Improve profitability from video contents beneath SM 3.0 to 150 billion gained (roughly $116 million) by 2025.
Watch the total video under:
How does this text make you’re feeling?